Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Town

I just recently saw the movie The Town starring and directed by Ben Affleck. It received poor ratings and reviews and I was told by many people that it was just terrible. Too much dialogue and not much happening. Upon viewing the movie I thought it was decent and didn't mind it at all. It was a good look into the life of bank robbers. The acting was okay and I really enjoyed the main female character. I thought it was fairly accurate and the dialogue added something for me to the level of reality. There would be lots of downtime and planning, as well as a normal as possible life in between the jobs. I think the people that didn't like it were expecting an action movie or simply don't have the attention span for it. The movie doesn't glamorize bank robbery and shows how dangerous of a career it really is. Most of the crew having done time and ending up being killed. It gives the impression that it wouldn't be very difficult to lead a life of crime in the US. It almost makes you feel like you could pull off a similar job after watching. Some research and technical know-how would be easy to come by, the same as powerful weapons and police scanners. It even gives a brief overview on how to launder the money after. Of course you would have to check if a method of removing fingerprints and DNA, and avoid the die and marked money is really accurate. I am not condoning or suggesting you attempt it unless you want to end up like in the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment